Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Keep Calm and carry on


These are the words I am greeted by every time I reach to pull out my journal to write about my experiences. These words come to me from a very nice journal which I bought for $10 and are in the form of a replica of a WWII poster from the UK. The words of war. Yet these words are just as relevant in times of peace. Every time I feel like I am going to go to pieces I just remember those words. Those five simple reassuring words that remind me that what I am doing here is not beyond me. For those who don’t read my other blog, I am trekking across the world for the next 4 months pretty much. I have jamborees and many other scouting activities that I will be participating in as I go along but those words remind me that what I am doing, whilst big and challenging is doable. They also remind me that I am more than capable of doing this trip and still maintaining my personal identity.
It the fact that I make friends and invest in my personal relationships that make things so challenging at times. I have two families. And now that I am leaving Vancouver and British Columbia, my friends who have been my family here, will no longer be here. So when things start to get tough I will speak to my family back in Aus. But until now I haven’t needed to because of the fact that I had my friends here.
Well I will continue to spend a number hours as I travel to write on musing and thoughts I have as I go. I really am not placing a limit on postings and the topic I write on. So the topics may be rather broad. Possibly about sport, about scouting, about life, religion and all kind of things. I will have a lot of thinking time and time I am able to write and as Douglas Adams said, don’t panic (and always have your towel) and I will remember a very simple message
 

Keep Calm & carry on

No comments: